On the online platform, it has become a trend to hide identity. To perform this activity a lot of peoples loves to use VPN services. But in some cases, users complain that my VPN is not hiding my location while using the internet. There can be many reasons behind it. So, in this article, we are going to talk about what to do if VPN is not working properly.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Why Is My VPN Not Hiding My Location?
- 2 What To Do If VPN Is Not Hiding Real Location?
- 2.1 VPN Is Not Hiding My Real Location on Android Why?
- 2.2 Solution of VPN Is Not Hiding Your Location In iPhone
- 2.3 Does Express VPN change my IP address?
- 2.4 Why is VPN not hiding location?
- 2.5 Does VPN hide GPS location?
Why Is My VPN Not Hiding My Location?
The most significant reason behind it is that your VPN can leak your IP address in many ways such as IP leak, DNS, WebRTC.
- IP leak – This issue happens when your VPN connection is cut-in and when this issue occurs then your real location and IP address can be revealed.
- DNS Queries – If your VPN is not properly designed and there is an issue with that then all the DNS queries can be disclosed.
- WebRTC – It is a kind of browsing setting of your browser that permits you to be in touch over the web. You have to disable it in your browser for preventing WebRTC leaks.
You Might Want To Know That Does VPN Protect You From Viruses?
What To Do If VPN Is Not Hiding Real Location?
For solving this issue you can log out from the website. You can also clear your browsing history including (cache and cookies) to hide your location using a VPN. You can also set a default setting of auto-delete cookies.
Using VPN for hiding locations but instead of that, most of the time websites use their cookies to know users’ real location. The websites work on tracking cookies so that they can come to know the location of your device.
VPN Is Not Hiding My Real Location on Android Why?
Most of the browsers mainly use W3C geolocation API, which allows them to see your real location, even while using VPN too. So, you only need to disable the geolocation API on your browser or any Android phone in order to hide your real location or identity.
How To Disable Geolocation On Your Browser?
There are very simple steps given below to disable geolocation on any browser.
- Open browser menu
- Click on setting
- Go in privacy and security
- Click on the location
- Change your current location.
Solution of VPN Is Not Hiding Your Location In iPhone
Here are the steps to solve VPN is not hiding your location while using the internet.
- Don’t use free VPN
- Restart your iPhone.
- Change your connection region.
- Update VPN App
- Reset network setting
- Change VPN provider
There are different reasons because VPN is not hiding is not changing your location in iPhone such as using free VPN, connecting with the wrong region, not updating your VPN, wrong network setting, etc.
How To Use A VPN To Hide Your Location?
Here are the steps you have to take to use a VPN for hiding your location.
- Get a “subscription” to the best VPN.
- Download VPN application in your devices.
- “Click” on the connect button.
- Connect to the best remote servers.
What Are The Best VPN To Hide Location?
We did research on VPNs and we found the best VPN for you to hide your location.
Express VPN (Best VPN To Hide Location)
- Top VPN for privacy, speed, unblocking
- 3000+ servers across 95 countries
- 24\7 live customer support
- Streaming sites unblocked – 5
- Easy to use
- Strong on encryption & unblocking
- Affordable price
NORD VPN (Top Location Hide VPN)
- High security
- Great value option
- 5100+ servers in 60 countries
- Device support -6
- 24/7 customer support
- Trial period 30 days
- Amazing performance
Surfshark (Affordable VPN To Hide Location)
- Attractive price range
- Unlimited device connection
- Excellent unblocking
- Kill switch feature
- 3200+ servers in 60 countries
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- All-round qualit
CONCLUSION And Solution For VPN Is Not Hiding My Location
All the reasons of VPN are not hiding my location have been mentioned and how you can resolve your hiding location problem. This article can be helpful according to your requirement.
Does Express VPN change my IP address?
Yes, of course, Express VPN can change your location and IP address.
Why is VPN not hiding location?
IP address leak, geolocation, API and many other reasons are there
Does VPN hide GPS location?
There is only Surf shark VPN that hides GPS location. But regular VPN doesn’t hide any GPS location.