A standard soccer game lasts 90 minutes – two 45-minute halves with a 15-minute halftime break. However, many factors, like competition level, weather, and stoppages can affect the match’s length. Professional soccer game lengths may exceed 2 hours with extra time and penalty kicks.
This article explores how long soccer games last. We discuss the factors impacting game duration and provide tips to maximize your time at a match. Understanding the typical Soccer game length and variations of soccer games helps you better plan for and enjoy the experience.
How Long Is A Soccer Game?
A regulation soccer match is 90 minutes long. Soccer game is split into two 45 minute halves, with a 15 minute halftime break in between. The 90 minutes of regulation Soccer game play include any injury time or stoppages added on by the referee.
If the score game is tied at the end of regulation, penalty kicks or extra time may be added to determine a winner.
How Long Is A 7 On 7 Soccer Game?
7 on 7 soccer is a scaled-down version of the full 11 vs 11 game. These games are played on a smaller field with fewer players.
Soccer game length of a 7 vs 7 youth soccer game is generally 60 minutes total, split into 30-minute halves. Adult recreational leagues may opt for slightly shorter game lengths, around 50 minutes total.
How Long Is A World Cup Soccer Game?
FIFA World Cup matches adhere to the standard 90 minute regulation length. World Cup games consist of two 45 minute halves with a 15 minute halftime break.
In knockout stage matches, 30 minutes of extra time may be added if teams are drawn at the end of regulation. The extra time consists of two 15 minute periods. If it is still tied after extra time, penalty kicks determine the winner.
How Long Is A Women’s Soccer Game?
The length of a women’s soccer game follows the same standards as the men’s soccer game length:
- The regulation time is 90 minutes total, split into two 45 minute halves.
- Between sessions, there is a 15-minute halftime break.
- Any stoppage time added on for injuries, substitutions, etc is included within the 90 minutes of regulation play.
- If the score game is tied at 90 minutes then 30 minutes of extra time may be added in a cup or tournament match to determine the winner. The extra time is divided into two 15-minute sessions.
- If it is still tied after regulation and extra time, penalty kicks are used to determine the winner.
How Long Is A Professional Soccer Game?
Professional soccer leagues around the world stick to the traditional 90 minute format with Two halves of 45 minutes each and 15 minute halftime break in between matches.
Some professional soccer matches may be shortened in tournaments like domestic cups. But soccer league matches are always 90 minutes long.
Know how you can play unblocked soccer games to enjoy your favorite soccer matches online, even in places with restrictions.
How Long Is A Soccer Game On TV?
When watching professional soccer games on TV, the total event from kickoff to final whistle generally lasts about two hours.
The soccer game length is only 90 minutes of full broadcast regulation play. Pre-match coverage, halftime analysis, and post-match interviews add about 30 minutes to the broadcast. So expect a soccer game length TV broadcast of a soccer match to run for about 120 minutes.
How Long Is Soccer Game Halftime?
A standard soccer game has two 45 minute halves with a halftime break in between match. The soccer game length of halftime is typically 10-15 minutes long.
The key points about soccer game halftime are:
- Halftime happens between the two halves of a soccer game matches. A standard soccer game has two 45-minute halves with 15 minutes break
- The 15-minute halftime purpose is to allow the players to rest and the coaches to adjust their tactics.
- A soccer game halitime usually lasts about 10-15 minutes. But, there is no clear regulation dictating the length of halftime.
- Major soccer game tournaments may have slightly longer halftimes such as 15-20 minutes for World Cup matches.
How Long Is A Soccer Game With Extra Time?
The length of a soccer game can go into extra time which is depending on the competition and rules. Here are some typical guidelines:
- Regular Time: A normal soccer match has two 45-minute halves, for 90 minutes of regular game.
- Extra Time: If the game is tied at the end of regulation time, two further sessions of overtime are played. Each extra time period lasts 15 minutes, for a total of 30 minutes.
- Breaks: There is normally a short delay between the end of regular time and the start of extra time, as well as between the two periods of extra time. The pauses are generally 5 minutes or fewer.
- Total Extra Time: The total extra time played is two 15-minute time periods, and total time is 30 minutes of extra that added to the 90 minutes of regular time soccer game.
- Penalty Kicks: If the score remains tied after extra time, penalty kicks are used to determine the winner.
- Major Tournaments: In cup competitions like the World Cup, the length of extra time may be slightly longer (two 20-minute periods).
A soccer game with extra time can last up to 120 minutes (90 regular minutes + 30 minutes extra time). This allows more opportunity for a winner to be determined before resorting to penalty kicks. The exact extra time length depends on the rules for that competition.
How Long Is A Soccer Game For 8 Year Olds?
Youth soccer games are often shorter than professional matches. For 8-year-olds, game length usually ranges from 20-30 minutes per half.
Game formats like 4 v 4 or 7 v 7 may be used for this age group. But regardless of team size, games usually do not exceed one hour in total length. Half lengths of 20-25 minutes per side are common.
How Many Minutes Are In A Soccer Game?
A standard professional soccer match is 90 minutes long. It is played in two halves of 45 minutes each, so:
- First Half: 45 minutes
- Halftime Break: 15 minutes
- Second Half: 45 minutes
That totals 90 minutes of regulation play, the standard length of a full soccer match.
How Long Do Soccer Games Last?
Soccer games at the highest professional level last a full 90 minutes. This is made up of two 45 minute halves of continuous playing time.
Other variations of the game like youth soccer or small sided recreational matches may have shorter total game lengths. But a full 11 vs. 11 professional match will always have the standard 90 minute format.
How Long Are Soccer Games?
The length of a soccer game is 90 minutes total. This is broken into two 45-minute parts.. Professional leagues and tournaments around the globe follow this standard game format.
So whether you are watching the World Cup final or a league derby match, you can expect a soccer game to last a full hour and a half including the 15 minute halftime break. That 90 minute timeframe is considered a regulation soccer match.
How Long Is A Half In Soccer Game?
Each half in a soccer match is 45 minutes long. So the two halves total the 90 minutes of regulation time.
The 45 minute halves are played as two uninterrupted periods aside from stoppages for injuries, substitutions, disciplinary measures, or other delays.
How Long Does A Soccer Game Last?
A soccer game lasts 90 minutes in total at the professional level. Youth, amateur, and recreational matches may be shorter.
The 90 minutes consists of two 45 minutes halves with a 15 minute halftime break in between. This adds up to an hour and a half of regulation play.